Pages

Welcome!

Hi, Salam! We love cakes and simplicity! Cakes don't have to be fancy or rustic to taste nice though there's nothing wrong with that! Wanna cake? Feel like eating cakes? A the end of the week treat for yourself? Just as an excuse to get together with family or friends? Or a lovely surprise for a special someone? Contact us.
There also some recipes featured here, but no, no, we didn't create them. Links to the original sites are provided. If there isn't any, we are very grateful for the links but sorry that it got lost or forgotten.

Sunday 29 June 2014

Cheese Cake

Non Bake Cheese Cake

I stopped experimenting on cheese cakes because number 1, the ingredients are expensive.
2. It is a bit rich and takes a while to finish, yep, even by the masses!!

But the other day I was just jalan-jalan at a supermarket near our house and lo behold! Fatura Cream Cheese 500g was on sale!! Ha! Ha! It even had free duit raya packets, don't need empty ones.
So back to my story, it took me about a few minutes to weight the pros and cons not to mention some very, very simple math in my head before I grabbed it and chucked it in the shopping trolley.

Not too sure what I intended to do with so much cream cheese, maybe eat with some crackers as I watched the 2014 FIFA World Cup? Beats nodding off at crucial moments during the match.

Once home, cream cheese safely stored in the fridge and I too forgot about it.
But yesterday I was just going through various cake recipes, wondering which one to try out when I stumbled across this rather quirky one.

The instructions were easy although a little too simple. Had some guess work on my part but thankfully the cake came out very well.
Trylah this recipe if  you love creamy non bake cheese cake as a dessert or just love cheese cake.

I did some changes to suit my taste but overall the cake is good. Simple but scrumptious.









Oreo Cheese Cake
source: fasyshane

1 packet of Oreo biscuits (whichever flavour doesn't matter as you have to remove the cream)
Digestive and Marie biscuits can be used too.
50g butter (melted)
200g non dairy whipping cream
250g cream cheese
2 tsp yogurt / fresh milk (I used fresh milk)
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp gelatin & 1/4 cup water

Method
The Base
Remove the cream from the biscuits. Using a food processor or a rolling pin, smash the biscuits into crumbs.
Mix the butter and the biscuit crumbs until combined. Press down firmly the crumbs in a cake tin, make sure the crumbs are packed tightly and as smooth as possible. Use your hands, it is the best way although a little greasy. Chill in the fridge.

Filling
In a bowl beat the cream cheese, whipping cream and milk until thick and smooth.
I added 1 Tbsp of castor sugar (optional)
Add in the vanilla and stir in the gelatin. Mix well.
At this point, you can add some of the biscuit crumbs into the filling resulting bits of chocolate
biscuits in the white cake.
For the filling, I added 2 Tbsp of lemon juice and I omitted the crumbs bit.

Take out the base from the fridge and pour in the cream cheese filling.
Gently tap the sides of the tin to ensure no air bubbles.
Chill the cake for about 3 hours or better still overnight.
You can decorate the cake with fresh fruits, more Oreo biscuits, some blueberry/strawberry fillings (available at baking goods shops) or just leave it as it is.

Overall review, I am happy to say this recipe is good, one that I would definitely do again and again in future should the price of cream cheese turun again! Despite being non bake, it doesn't melt so easily like some recipes that I have tried out. Creamy and rich. Yum!


Happy Baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment