Pages

Welcome!

Hi, Salam! We love cakes and simplicity! Cakes don't have to be fancy or rustic to taste nice though there's nothing wrong with that! Wanna cake? Feel like eating cakes? A the end of the week treat for yourself? Just as an excuse to get together with family or friends? Or a lovely surprise for a special someone? Contact us.
There also some recipes featured here, but no, no, we didn't create them. Links to the original sites are provided. If there isn't any, we are very grateful for the links but sorry that it got lost or forgotten.

Saturday 14 June 2014

Oreo Cake - take 2

Oreo Cake






At first glance the topping looks like the cracks you would see on the road.
But at another glance it resembles that guy Ben, from Fantastic Four.
But upon careful inspection it is merely chunks/crumbs of Oreo.

I had another go at this cake last night.
Maybe because I just felt like it or I had some left over Oreos from last time?
Who knows and cares anyway? The important thing is that the cake was baked and is
ready to be eaten.

This time the Oreo crumbs were slightly larger, instead of the almost fine ones that I usually use.
Another change that I did was to use another recipe for the icing. I didn't
quite fancy the original recipe's icing.

So I then tried this one using condensed milk.


ButterCream Icing For Oreo Cake
source: Azlita Aziz - Masam Manis.

80 g butter
200 g cream well (I used shortening)
350g golden syrup (Didn't have any so I used condensed milk)
1 tsp vanilla (I added this)


Method
Using a stand mixer beat butter and shortening until light and fluffy.
Gradually pour in the milk and continue beating.
The icing will be thick and creamy.
It is pale so if you want some color, you can add some droplets of
food coloring.
**Some recipes add in 2 tablespoon of icing sugar to the icing but I thought this
was sweet enough.

Happy Baking.


No comments:

Post a Comment