Pages

Welcome!

Hi, Salam! We love cakes and simplicity! Cakes don't have to be fancy or rustic to taste nice though there's nothing wrong with that! Wanna cake? Feel like eating cakes? A the end of the week treat for yourself? Just as an excuse to get together with family or friends? Or a lovely surprise for a special someone? Contact us.
There also some recipes featured here, but no, no, we didn't create them. Links to the original sites are provided. If there isn't any, we are very grateful for the links but sorry that it got lost or forgotten.

Thursday 28 November 2013

Cheesy Brownies

This is the first time I baked brownies and my mum actually ate more than a polite-one-piece only. Ha! Ha!
My mum is a very fussy eater, mostly because she is a very good cook. She can basically guess the ingredients by just tasting the dish and recreate it too! I know everyone says their mum is the best but hey our mum is the best!
Right back to my brownies, ehem, macamlah I created the recipe myself! All credits go to Puan Azlita Aziz, one of my favorite food bloggers! I like her recipes, simply to follow.
I went to Aeon Big, saja browsing through the cook books when I came across "Siri Blogger Masakan Kek" Funny though I didn't realize who the author was until much later (after paying). Punyalah excited with the recipes...the pictures are good too.
Since I had some blueberry filling left from another horribly gone wrong recipe, I thought the first recipe I tried from this book would be - the Cheesy Brownies.

the book:


















Mine doesn't quite resemble hers, but pretty close I must say! LOL


Cheesy Brownies
source: Siri Blogger Masakan Kek by Nor Azlita Abd Aziz

Brownies
250g butter (I used 1 cup of corn oil)
100g cocoa powder
250 all purpose flour (I used Tepung Gandum Blue Key)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
3 medium size eggs
350g castor sugar
350ml fresh milk (I used evaporated and low fat UHT milk)
1 tsp vanilla

Cheesy layer
250g cream cheese
180g castor sugar
1 egg
1 tsp lemon paste (available at baking goods shops, but mine made the cheese part yellowish, must find one that doesn't but it taste very lemony and nice.)
Enough blueberry filling.


Method
Melt butter in a pot. When melted add in cocoa powder. Mix well.
Whisk in sugar, milk and vanilla.
Add in the flour in batches and mix well.
Sieve the mixture into a greased and lined 10 x 10 in tray.
Bake at 170C for 30-40  min.
Let it cool for a bit but don't take out of the cake tin.

In a bowl, using a hand mixture cream the cream cheese, sugar, egg and lemon paste until smooth and fluffy.
Pour it over the baked brownie. Dot the cheese surface with blueberry filling, I over did mine and it came out looking like cells under the microscope! Just one small dot and using a lidi pull at an angle to achieve small heart shapes.
Bake again for 20-30 min at 170C.
Cool and cut to serve.

Happy Baking.






No comments:

Post a Comment