Pages

Welcome!

Hi, Salam! We love cakes and simplicity! Cakes don't have to be fancy or rustic to taste nice though there's nothing wrong with that! Wanna cake? Feel like eating cakes? A the end of the week treat for yourself? Just as an excuse to get together with family or friends? Or a lovely surprise for a special someone? Contact us.
There also some recipes featured here, but no, no, we didn't create them. Links to the original sites are provided. If there isn't any, we are very grateful for the links but sorry that it got lost or forgotten.

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Birthday Cake

Recently I received an order for a birthday cake. It was for someone's 27th birthday, and the design and type of cake of were left up to me.
Hmm...It was kinda hard because a cake especially a birthday cake has to reflect a person's personality. I barely know having only met her three times with a few hellos and a casual word or two thrown in!
I pondered and thought for a bit, only a bit as I had tons of other things to do and decided that an Ombre Cake would suite the occasion best. As for the color scheme, I opted for something neutral - in between color... orange.
The recipe I posted before and is the very same one, only I changed the topping. No cream cheese since I wasn't sure if she liked it. Instead as the dirty icing I made a regular butter cream one and later the top was a fresh cream with orange juice, in following with the color!
I also used 3 larger cake tins, 22 cm so the cake was wider but thinner. I got four layers! Ha! Ha! A big achievement for me, as I previously made Ombre Cake with only 3 layers.

I hope Su had a fantastic birthday and enjoyed the cake too.





I was fortunate to be invited to the birthday party as I was curious to see how the cake turned out!
I even, after the candles were blown of course, volunteered to cut the cake!!
I managed to snapped pics of the cake and I thought it looked better then I expected!






                                                                                              






The recipe for the icing I made :
Buttercream Icing
3 cups sieved icing sugar (It was a little too sweet, so next time I have to lessen it a bit)
1 cup of butter (I added 1/3 cup of shortening to this)
1/3 cup of milk (it depends how stiff your icing is, so add milk accordingly until icing is spreadable)
1 tsp of vanilla

Method
Cream the butter and shortening (if adding) until smooth and creamy. Add in half the icing sugar first and continue beating. When fluffy add in the rest and beat until smooth. It is ready to be used.
Topped each layer with the cream and cover the rest of the cake with the remaining cream. Preferably chill the cake in the fridge before piping the fresh cream.


Fresh Cream Topping
300 ml non dairy whipping cream
I didn't put any sugar because this cream is already sweet, depending on the brand you might have to add a little bit of icing sugar.
1 tsp of vanilla
enough food colouring of your choice.

Method
Beat at low speed first, the cream then speed up until the cream is stiff. Add the vanilla and divide the whipped cream into 3 or 4 portions depending on your cake. Add just enough colouring to each and decorate your cake.

Happy Baking.



No comments:

Post a Comment