Pages

Welcome!

Hi, Salam! We love cakes and simplicity! Cakes don't have to be fancy or rustic to taste nice though there's nothing wrong with that! Wanna cake? Feel like eating cakes? A the end of the week treat for yourself? Just as an excuse to get together with family or friends? Or a lovely surprise for a special someone? Contact us.
There also some recipes featured here, but no, no, we didn't create them. Links to the original sites are provided. If there isn't any, we are very grateful for the links but sorry that it got lost or forgotten.

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Moist Chocolate Cake

I was feeling rather hungry and I only got a small piece of the birthday cake. There were a lot of people and tak kanlah I want to eat a big piece just because I baked it!!
The next day I felt like eating cake, so after deciding on which recipe I wanted I checked and made sure I had all the ingredients at home before taking out the baking tins.
Nothing is more sad when you realize after all the excitement and hype that you don't have enough of something or that something memang tak ada at home! Nak go to the shop, malas. But I was fortunate that everything ada!

I haven't made this chocolate cake for a while and to be honest I forgot how it tasted like. I just seldom make this because the recipe is quite big and well, that just means I have to eat more - something I am desperately trying to cut down!

I left out the fudgy topping and opt for a chocolate ganache instead.





I used two 22 cm cake tins instead of one larger one.
For the cream in the middle, I used a few scoopfuls of the cooled ganache. I just whipped it with a whisk and then applied it to one layer before topping it with the other.
Then I poured the rest of the ganache over the cake.
A little messy I admit, but it taste much better than it looks!!




Moist Chocolate Cake
2 cups of flour (I used Tepung Gandum Blue Key)
1 cup of cocoa powder  (I used Meriah)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
4 eggs
2 cups sugar (I lessened it to 1 3/4 cup)
1 cup condensed milk
1 cup oil (I used Daisy Corn Oil)
1 1/2 cup of boiling water (optional - add 1 tsp of instant coffee)


Method
Beat eggs and sugar with a whisk until frothy and foamy.
Add milk and oil.  Mix well.
Fold in dry ingredients little by little until combined.
Lastly add in hot water.
Pour mixture into greased tins, I used two 22 cm.
Bake in oven at 175 C, for 40 min or until cooked.
Once cake cools, do the topping.



Chocolate Ganache
200ml whipping cream (I used Emborg)
300g chopped cooking chocolate (I used Meriah Dark Chocolate)
1 Tbsp butter (I didn't)

Method
Chopped the chocolate, the smaller the pieces the better and put it in a bowl.
In a pot warm the cream, once the small bubbles at the side appear, tip the bowl of chocolate into the pot.
Let it be don't stir, if some of the chocolate is not submerged, tilt or move the pot around a bit. Let it rest and after a few minutes, gently stir to mix.
Allow the ganache to cool and thicken, about 2 to 3 hours. Best to make the ganache first before the cake.

For the creamy center, I agak-agak an amount just enough to cover the cake. Wait until the ganache has thickened then take out about 8 Tbsp and whisked until it turned light brown. Whisking ganache makes it creamy and not glossy. This can also be used on cupcakes or the cake itself.

Happy Baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment