Pages

Welcome!

Hi, Salam! We love cakes and simplicity! Cakes don't have to be fancy or rustic to taste nice though there's nothing wrong with that! Wanna cake? Feel like eating cakes? A the end of the week treat for yourself? Just as an excuse to get together with family or friends? Or a lovely surprise for a special someone? Contact us.
There also some recipes featured here, but no, no, we didn't create them. Links to the original sites are provided. If there isn't any, we are very grateful for the links but sorry that it got lost or forgotten.

Wednesday 25 December 2013

Victoria Sandwich Cake

My sister wanted a cake for ... Christmas. We don't celebrate it but like all Malaysian and all the festivals in our dear country (1 Malaysia), in a way we all do.
I have never done a Christmas cake before, but there is a first time for everything, so here goes.

After deciding which cake she wanted we went on our way to buy decorations for the cake since the ingredients all memang dah ada kat rumah. Bought a ready man 'snowman' made of sugar at Bakewell.
I thought of building a Christmas tree using skittles but to my dismay when it was time to decorate the cake I bought the large ones instead. Which was way too big for my small cake.
So then we decided to just draw the outline of the cake with green icing, and use Nestle Crunch Wafer as the tree trunk. Mum suggested we used the colored sugar balls as ornaments for the tree! Thanks a lot Ma! We were already at our wits end at how else to decorate the cake.
The skittles, in the end we just ate it as it is! LOL

The cake is the Victoria Sandwich cake, I just doubled it. But for the bottom layer I added a Tbsp of cocoa powder, just for contrast instead of the cake being all white. I used Tesco Bramble Jelly for the filling, it tastes a bit tart but perfect for the cake. A dusting of icing sugar was the base of the cake before I piped icing.


No comments:

Post a Comment