Pages

Welcome!

Hi, Salam! We love cakes and simplicity! Cakes don't have to be fancy or rustic to taste nice though there's nothing wrong with that! Wanna cake? Feel like eating cakes? A the end of the week treat for yourself? Just as an excuse to get together with family or friends? Or a lovely surprise for a special someone? Contact us.
There also some recipes featured here, but no, no, we didn't create them. Links to the original sites are provided. If there isn't any, we are very grateful for the links but sorry that it got lost or forgotten.

Monday 2 December 2013

Spongy Banana Cake

I found this recipe by mistake. I was actually looking for something else, biasalah and I got 'lost' in my search and ended up with this.
I thought it was easy and since we had some bananas that no one wanted to eat anymore. Daripada the banana going mushy and to waste, this is a good way to use it. I know banana cake is a bit ordinary and vastly available at almost all shops and even KK Mart (24/7)!
But if you want something homemade that is easy to bake and doesn't have an over dose of essence or taste of soda, try this.






Spongy Banana Cake.
source: Masam Manis Cooking with Love

150g  ripe bananas (mashed)
200g  all purpose flour (I use Tepung Gandum Blue Key)
160g castor sugar
3 eggs
120ml oil (I use corn oil, but you can also use cooking oil)
1 Tbsp ovalette
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp vanilla

Method
Mashed the bananas using a fork or a blender if you are in a hurry.
Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well until mixture is very thick and fluffy.
You need to really beat the mixture for the cake to be nice and spongy.
Next pour the mixture into an 8 in greased and lined cake tin.
Bake for 45 min - 1 hour at 170 C.
I know it sounds like a long time, but I tried this recipe and it does take that long.
Rest assure, your patience will be rewarded!!

Happy Baking.


No comments:

Post a Comment