Pages

Welcome!

Hi, Salam! We love cakes and simplicity! Cakes don't have to be fancy or rustic to taste nice though there's nothing wrong with that! Wanna cake? Feel like eating cakes? A the end of the week treat for yourself? Just as an excuse to get together with family or friends? Or a lovely surprise for a special someone? Contact us.
There also some recipes featured here, but no, no, we didn't create them. Links to the original sites are provided. If there isn't any, we are very grateful for the links but sorry that it got lost or forgotten.

Sunday 13 July 2014

Bingka Cheese

Bingka Cheese, mmm.... aparently I, once again and not surprisingly missed this band wagon.
I just only found out about this delicious and rich delicacy.
To me bingka was often ubi kayu or tepung with the variety of it being made with either white sugar or palm.

My mum yang wanted to taste it, so I went 'digging' around various blogs and sites searching for the most promising one.
Me being me, lazy, opted for the easy, simple not too many steps recipe. But there were sooo many!
I had a tough time deciding and pondering which one, which one. The bingka is rather costly and I can't afford to make experiments or mistakes. Some gave precise instructions and measurements and then there were some who didn't! Some merely posted pics!
Kepala pun sudah sakit, the mouth watering pics were no help either!
But eventually I did found an interesting one, relatively easy too. Terima kasih banyak-banyak Puan Izah of Izah Muffin Lover
But nothing is easy, and I re-read the recipe several times and followed the instructions carefully. Thanks to God I made it and the masses had a cheesy feast!

Puan Izah got the recipe from HaSue, another blogger with fantastic recipes but she made some changes to the original HaSue's. Check out both their recipes and see the difference. In Puan HaSue's recipe, she used HongKong Flour and agar-agar, where else Puan Izah used Tepung Gandum and powdered agar-agar.

As HongKong flour is difficult to find and expensive, I opted for tepung gandum and agar-agar powder instead. But the result is satisfying, I can't say which is better as I have never tasted or seen the HongKong  flour version of this bingka. But I'm happy with mine.










The recipe should you want to give it a try is as follows.

Bingka Cheese 
source: Izah Muffin Lover

A
10g of agar-agar powder or 1 packet of  Swallow brand agar-agar powder
3 cups of water
1 cup of sugar (I lessened it a bit)

B
250g of butter (1 block, I used Farm Cow) (at room temperature)
250g cream cheese (1 block,  I used Fatura)
1/2 tin of condensed milk
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla or 1 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour (I used Tepung Gandum Blue Key)

Method
In a pot combine A and boil until the sugar dissolves. Put aside.

Using a hand mixer, beat eggs until light and fluffy.
Add in the butter and milk. Beat again to combine.
Add in flour, cream cheese (cut into small pieces, easier to mix) and vanilla.
Beat well until the batter is smooth.

Next, pour the warm agar-agar liquid into the batter and beat again, at high speed.
Sieve the batter into a grease cake pan. (I forgot to do this, but the bingka turned out ok)
Bake at 175 C for 1 hour.

Happy Baking.



No comments:

Post a Comment