Pages

Welcome!

Hi, Salam! We love cakes and simplicity! Cakes don't have to be fancy or rustic to taste nice though there's nothing wrong with that! Wanna cake? Feel like eating cakes? A the end of the week treat for yourself? Just as an excuse to get together with family or friends? Or a lovely surprise for a special someone? Contact us.
There also some recipes featured here, but no, no, we didn't create them. Links to the original sites are provided. If there isn't any, we are very grateful for the links but sorry that it got lost or forgotten.

Monday 19 August 2013

Steamed Chocolate Cake


Steamed Chocolate Cake.

I was rather late. The craze had come and gone when I finally joined the steamed chocolate cake bandwagon!

Someone gave us a few boxes of this cake and it took me a while before I actually ate it. Steam? No, not for me! Or so I thought...
I searched the internet for a simple and easy recipe, too many steps confuses me.
And I found several, but I chose 2 and even in cake land, democracy lives! The masses chose, this one.




Steamed Chocolate Cake.
source: sadly I cannot remember, but thank you very much!

1 cup flour (I used Tepung gandum Blue Key)
1/4 cup cocoa ( I used Meriah)
1 tsp baking powder
250 ml Chocolate milk (1 small box, is 250 ml, no need to sukat)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
3 Tbsp condensed milk 
1/4 cup oil (I used Daisy corn oil)

Method
In a bowl, beat eggs, sugar and butter until combine. Add in vanilla and beat again.
Fold in flour, cocoa and baking powder.
Add in milk, condensed milk and oil.

Pour mixture into tin or plastic container.
Steam the cake for 40 min. Ensure the water is boiling first. Cover the tin or container with a piece of aluminium fold. Droplets of water from the cover of the steamer will ruin your cake.
Keep checking the water level in the steamer from time to time. You don't want a hangus cake.
You know when the cake is done when it feels firm to the touch or insert a skewer and it come out clean.


Topping
1 cup condensed milk.
1/4 cup cocoa
2 Tbsp butter or magarine
2 Tbsp milk

Using a double boiler, cook until all melted. Cool slightly before spreading over cooled cake.
You can either leave it plain, or cover the cake with chocolate rice or with whatever you like.

Good luck.






No comments:

Post a Comment