Pages

Welcome!

Hi, Salam! We love cakes and simplicity! Cakes don't have to be fancy or rustic to taste nice though there's nothing wrong with that! Wanna cake? Feel like eating cakes? A the end of the week treat for yourself? Just as an excuse to get together with family or friends? Or a lovely surprise for a special someone? Contact us.
There also some recipes featured here, but no, no, we didn't create them. Links to the original sites are provided. If there isn't any, we are very grateful for the links but sorry that it got lost or forgotten.

Thursday 2 July 2015

Eggless Caramel Pudding

I don't know why but when Ramadan comes along, puddings are something I crave - a lot!
Ha! Ha! Maybe I just want the sugar! That won't go don't well with my waist line or cholesterol level!

But I guess once in a while is okay, kut? Well I dug up an old recipe which I tried out last year.
Surprisingly I never did it again in the months of the year. Wonder why? ^ ^
I remember liking it a lot because there were no eggs involved! Sometimes, especially in steamed or baked puddings, the eggy taste is so prominent that it turns me off the dish no matter how delicious it is.


The pudding is basically easy, the ingredients readily available at supermarkets.
No worries as this pudding doesn't require any steaming just pop it into the fridge to cool and set.
But you still have to do the caramel and cook the mixture over the stove for a bit.
Nothing is easy in life ~
 
I split the mixture into two because I wanted to give some to a friend.
The recipe is not that big but can't eat too much of a good thing and sharing is healthy.
I used a round and rectangle food container, the ones where food is usually t'pau in.

Making the caramel is a bit tricky as the recipe requires that the sugar is burnt in a baking tin.
The plastic container can't hold the hot sticky sugar. So what I did was burn the sugar in a pot 
let it cool slightly and then pour it into the container. 

But as you can see the effects isn't a smooth caramel top as it should be. Bit of caramel can still be seen.
But it tastes just as good. I recommend using a heat proof container like baking tin.

Once the pudding has set, it takes about 3 to 4 hours. Lightly tap the surface and if it is already hard, okay time to tip it over. Run a butter knife along the sides to loosen it and flip it over with a plate.
Caution! There will be sticky but good sugar running down as well.

I posted this recipe before and you can see it here. You can also see from the pictures my earlier pudding's caramel top is smooth.
I hope you give it a try as it is delicious and sweet.

Happy Baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment