Pages

Welcome!

Hi, Salam! We love cakes and simplicity! Cakes don't have to be fancy or rustic to taste nice though there's nothing wrong with that! Wanna cake? Feel like eating cakes? A the end of the week treat for yourself? Just as an excuse to get together with family or friends? Or a lovely surprise for a special someone? Contact us.
There also some recipes featured here, but no, no, we didn't create them. Links to the original sites are provided. If there isn't any, we are very grateful for the links but sorry that it got lost or forgotten.

Wednesday 4 February 2015

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Like anyone else who love chocolate that is, I can never resist a chocolate chip cookie.
I love them, with nuts, without nuts, with oats and even the double chocolate ones.
I think I've baked hundreds of these chocolatey nuggets but never tried the what I call white ones.
White because the biscuit is light in colour and the chips can be seen.
The recipe that we have is double chocolate, so the mixture is dark due to cocoa powder and lots of chocolate chips. The white bits would be the nuts. It is kinda hard to tell when it is ready and more than once I burnt these delectable cookies due to my carelessness!!




As always I was browsing blogs and sites looking for something else when I stumbled across a recipe on BBC Good Food. It was called Vintage Chocolate Chip cookie, now with a name like that who wouldn't want to take a peek at what it is about.

I read through the recipe and found it easy enough, I had almost all the ingredients. I didn't have any chips so I chopped away at a block of cooking chocolate instead, the result as you can tell from the dark patches on the cookie was very satisfying. I intend to just use chunks the next time too.
The masses enjoyed these very much and I have a feeling I will be making them several more times.

The recipe doesn't call for any nuts, although they did say you could add some. I added about 1/2 a cup of chopped walnuts to the mixture. I divided the dough into two, leaving one as it is and the other I added 1/4 cup of oats. The masses couldn't decide which was better but loved both versions.

No heavy machinery required, a wooden spoon is sufficient. Use a hand stand if you like.
This batter is rather wet, so I suggest if you don't want to get your hands dirty use a  ice cream scoop or two spoons. I just used my fingers and 'agak-agak' the size of each cookie.

The recipe, should you want to try is as follows:

Vintage Chocolate Chip Cookies
source: BBC Good Food

Ingredients
150g butter
80g castor sugar (I only added 50g)
80g brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
225g all purpose flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp salt (I didn't)
200g chocolate chips or chunks

Method
Cream butter and sugar until creamy.
Add the egg and vanilla, beat some more.
Gradually add the flour and mix well.
Lastly fold in the chocolate chips or chunks and if using, the nut/oats.

Drop the cookies, using spoons or ice cream scoop onto a greased oven tray.
It spreads so don't put them so close.
Bake at 180 C for 20 min.

Enjoy the cookies with ice cream or on its own.


Happy Baking!







No comments:

Post a Comment