Pages

Welcome!

Hi, Salam! We love cakes and simplicity! Cakes don't have to be fancy or rustic to taste nice though there's nothing wrong with that! Wanna cake? Feel like eating cakes? A the end of the week treat for yourself? Just as an excuse to get together with family or friends? Or a lovely surprise for a special someone? Contact us.
There also some recipes featured here, but no, no, we didn't create them. Links to the original sites are provided. If there isn't any, we are very grateful for the links but sorry that it got lost or forgotten.

Friday 11 April 2014

Marble Cake

Last week I was feeling really horrible, I had a bad bout of the flu and my throat felt itchy, my head felt heavy, my whole body ached and my nose was runny. Despite all that I decided to bake a cake! I know some weirdness must have taken over the rational part of my brain... and it had to be a Marble Cake, not quite sure why but I just felt like having some and besides my mum loves this cake as well.
I didn't bake using the old recipe but instead I opted for a butter cake one, and added some cocoa powder to a portion to marble it!
I must admit not the best of pics but I wasn't feeling very best either. I snapped theses after the masses gobbled up half of the loaf! 



I found the original recipe at Joy of Baking but marbled it to my taste.

Butter Cake (marble cake)
source: Joy of Baking.

250g self raising flour
230g butter
300g sugar (I used 230g)
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
240ml buttermilk (measure milk and add in 1 Tbsp vinegar and let it sit for 20-30 min)

Method
Cream butter until creamy. Add sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy.
Add in one egg at a time, beat well. Add in vanilla.
Alternate flour and buttermilk.
Don't overmix.
Divide the batter into 2. 2/3 plain and 1/3 add 2 Tbsp of cocoa powder.
Spoon the batter layer by layer or pour half of the plain batter into the tin and drop several spoonfuls of the chocolate then cover with the rest of the plain batter.
Bake at 180C for 40 min.
I used a long loaf like tin but you can use a 8 in round tin too.

Happy Baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment