Pages

Welcome!

Hi, Salam! We love cakes and simplicity! Cakes don't have to be fancy or rustic to taste nice though there's nothing wrong with that! Wanna cake? Feel like eating cakes? A the end of the week treat for yourself? Just as an excuse to get together with family or friends? Or a lovely surprise for a special someone? Contact us.
There also some recipes featured here, but no, no, we didn't create them. Links to the original sites are provided. If there isn't any, we are very grateful for the links but sorry that it got lost or forgotten.

Sunday 12 January 2014

Oreo Cake

The need to try a new recipe, or the need for a new post for the blog or just the need to eat cake. Which one is it? Hmm...
Which ever the need or the excuse I ventured to the kitchen yesterday afternoon to try a recipe I have been eyeing for quite a while.

Thanks to Mat Gebu for sharing this delicious recipe. He made his into cupcakes but I plonked mine into a baking tin and made it into a cake instead. I believe the taste is the same just the shape and size yang different.

Today I was in a lazy mood. Didn't bother or feel like using the hand mixer. Instead I baked this cake literally using my hands, er... a wooden spoon and  hand whisk that is!

The cake is easy and quick to make, provided you have all the ingredients, crushing the cookies took the longest... The masses loved it, even my mum who does NOT like oreos. Another addition to my collection of cakes that's easy and yummy. In the end my cake looks a bit messy but nak cepat makan!

And here is the recipe, and just like Mat Gebu said "paling senang" and it is!







Oreo Cupcakes.
source: Mat Gebu

125g butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup Self Raising Flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
5 pieces of oreo biscuits (I used 6 pieces - 1 piece is two halves sandwiched with cream)

Method
In a bowl beat butter, eggs, brown sugar, flour, baking powder and vanilla.
Beat at medium speed for about 2 minutes. Do not over beat.
Crush the biscuits with the cream using a food processor ( I bashed them with the end of my rolling pin)
Add the crushed biscuits to the batter and mix well.
Pour the batter into paper cups (If you are making cupcakes) or a lined greased tin.
I used a 6 in x 2.5 in round cake tin.
Bake at 160C for about 30 min or until the cake is cook.

Butter Cream
125g butter
70g creamwell or shortening (I used shortening)
80g icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp condensed milk.


Method
Cream butter and creamwell until fluffy, Add in icing sugar, vanilla and milk.
Continue beating until it turns pale and creamy.



Assembling the cake.
Once the cake is cooled, slice the cake into two.
Spread the butter cream on one half before topping it with the other.
Cover the rest of the cake with the remaining cream.
Sprinkle the crushed biscuits over the cake or use fresh fruits and edible glitter if you like.


Happy Baking.










No comments:

Post a Comment